It’s really simple to join, but your company needs to have signed up with us before you can take advantage of this tax break.
Once your employer signs up to the Halfords cycle2work scheme, they can then purchase a brand new bike and safety accessories up to the value of £1,000 tax free, on your behalf. You will then be able to pay for this monthly from your salary over a period of 12 or 18 months - this is known as a salary sacrifice.
Great benefits when you sign up
- Savings of up to 42% on a new bike and safety accessories*
- Access to ALL the UK's top bike brands via our stores and our nationwide Partner Independent Bike Shop network
- Exclusive access to the award winning Boardman, Carrera and VooDoo brands and Apollo, Real Classic and Whistle
- Lowest bike prices** –- guaranteed access to in-store promotional prices in addition to the fantastic tax break benefits
- Unrivalled speed of application – apply and collect your bike on the same day^^
- 450 local stores – open 7 days a week, until 8pm weekdays making it easy for you to come into store to choose your bike and speak to our BikeHut experts
- FREE Build and 6 week first service for a guaranteed ready-to-ride bike, our trained specialists will build and check the bike for you ^
- “Reserve and Collect” your bike at www.halfords.com
Added value vouchers with every bike
- £10 off all cycle carriers
- 10% off all cycle computers
- 10% off all cycle storage
- 25% off immobitag security
- 25% off immobimark security
- FREE bike route maps
- Discounted magazine subscription for Cycling Plus, MBUK, Health and Fitness and other top titles
- Half price cycle training with the Institute of Advanced Motorists
*Savings based on higher and basic rate tax payer are estimated and not actual, actual saving will depend on your personal circumstances
** If you can buy the same product cheaper within 7 days and 20 miles of the store we will match the price, even against trade outlets. Excluding internet, mail order and special order bikes.
^All bikes excluding trax are built and inspected free, plus given a six week first service/safety check, consisting of checks and adjustments to ensure your bike is performing optimally - normal build for non Halfords bikes is £19.99, current first service/safety check is £14.99. Trax build prices - £9.99 for 12"-16" wheels and £19.99 for 18" wheels plus bikes.
^^Please note that this is dependent on your application being approved by your employer and time scales may vary for each organisation