What is an E-Mobility
Salary Sacrifice Scheme?
The scheme is a great employee benefit that offers a cost-effective way to pay for a brand new electric scooter, electric bike, service bundle and all the accessories you need!
A quick overview of the benefits of joining scheme:
- You’ll save up to 12% on an e-bike, e-scooter, service bundle and accessories
- It’s up to you what you go for! You can choose between an electric bike or an electric scooter, plus any accessories you need! Once you've chosen your new wheels, you can then add on your CycleCare or ScooterCare*.
- This reduced cost will then be spread over 12 or 18 months
- You can shop at over 400 Halfords Stores throughout the UK
It is illegal to use an e-scooter on a public road, pavement, cycle lane or bridleway.
E-scooters should only be ridden on private land with permission of the land owner. Learn more.
Here's some examples of how you could use the scheme:
||Sarah has decided she wants to get a brand new electric scooter and accessories! She has seen one she loves at her local Halfords for £569, along with a helmet for £20. Sarah then added her mandatory 1 Year Electric ScooterCare (£30) to her total, meaning she applied for £619 on her employer’s E-Mobility Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
|Through the scheme, Sarah would save £74.28, and pay just £45.39 a month!
*Please note to take part in the scheme you MUST use your Letter of Redemption to redeem one of the following service bundles in addition to your chosen products:
||James wants to take part in the his company’s new E-Mobility Salary Sacrifice Scheme because he wants to own a brand new electric bike and accessories. James chose a model he saw on www.halfords.com costing £999. James already had a helmet, but added some bike lights for £15 and mudguards for £17. When adding his mandatory service bundle, James went for the 3 Year CycleCare for Electric Bikes (£100). This means James would apply for £1,131 on the scheme.
|Through the scheme, James would save £135.72, and pay just £82.94 a month!
This price must be included when you apply, for example if you are applying for an £500 e-scooter, you must also add a £30 ScooterCare. This makes your application value £530.
- 1 Year Electric Scooter Care (£30)
- 1 Year CycleCare for Electric Bikes Under £1000 (£45)
- 1 Year Performance CycleCare for Electric Bikes over £1000 (£70)
- 3 Years CycleCare for Electric Bikes Under £1000 (£100)
- 3 Years Performance CycleCare for Electric Bikes Over £1000 (£160)