0345 504 6444
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
’Cycle to work’ is a Government initiative introduced in 1999 to encourage cycling as a means of transport to work. All public, private and third sector employers can run a cycle to work scheme and all employees in an organisation can hire bicycles and safety equipment through the scheme.
With Cycle2Work you can save at least 32% on the cost of a new bike and accessories if you use them primarily for commuting.
It’s really straightforward: employers buy bikes and lease them to employees to cycle to work on. You choose the bike and your employer recoups the bike cost though salary sacrifice (a regular reduction in your gross salary). This means you spread the cost, usually over 12 months, and make savings on your tax contributions; 32% for standard rate tax payers and 42% for higher rate tax payers. Your employer also makes a 13.8% saving on National Insurance contributions.
Sign up and benefit from
- Savings of at least 32%* on a new bike and cycle safety accessories
- Choosing from the UK's top bike brands from 460+ Halfords and 21 Cycle Republic stores, Tredz.co.uk and our wide network of partner independent bike shops
- Access to sales prices and promotions in-store at Halfords and Cycle Republic and online at Tredz.co.uk
- A discount card giving 20% off cycle parts and accessories at Halfords and Cycle Republic during the Hire Period
- Free bike build and 1 year CycleCare
*Assumes 20% tax rate and 12% NIC. Subject to circumstances of the employer and employee.
Employee Sign Up
Save up to 42%* on a new bikeSign Up
Employer Sign Up
Enhance your employee benefitsSign Up